Updated February 4, 2016
WOOHOO what a dump of fresh snow. We received 2 feet in Mullan the last 48 hours(yes in Mullan not at the shelter) so who knows how much up high. Don’t forget Scheffy’s and Mullan Trail Gas and Grocery have rooms available so call and make reservations. Remember to feel free to make posts on our new BLOG page. Have fun and be safe out there. Check out this Pic. Hunter Kotschevar on Dominion picture should be in future SnoWest Magazine!
Silver Valley Groomer Reports
- February 4, 2016 We hope to groom to Idaho Shelter and to Burke.
- February 3, 2016 Not confirmed but supposed to happen Railroad Grade Old Mullan Road.
- January 25, 2016 West Fork of Steamboat and also the Long Tom Loop
- January 24, 2016 Bumblebee road little river and also the 796 to Stull Saddle
- January 22,2016 Railroad Grade, Bullion, Moon Pass to Wallace, Bike Trail to Mullan
- January 18, 2016 260 road and the Grassy Loop
- January 9, 2016 Mullan Pass to Montana Shelter and back
- January 5, 2016 Mullan Fire Dist. building to Idaho Shelter, Sonora, Burke, Cooper Pass
- January 1, 2016 Moon Pass, Bullion, and Mullan Pass, Steamboat, Long Tom Loop.
Avery Groomer Reports
- February 2nd 2016: Kelly Creek, 201 past Rutledge Warming Hut to Alpine Creek (17 mi), Twin Creek, 1268, 301 to Breezy Saddle, from Breezy Saddle down Fishhook to the River. Lots of new snow over the weekend. 108 inches at Lost Lake. State Registrations and County Groomer stickers required. Both for sale at Scheffy’s General Store in Avery. 245-4410.
- January 18th 2016 – Fishhook (301) from the river to the Sandhouse (9 ½), 201 past Rutledge Warming Hut to Bluff Saddle, Bear Skull, 216 and 217 past Roundtop Warming Hut to Breezy Saddle, Breezy Saddle down 301 to the River.Lots of new snow – the rain down low was definitely snow up above. 90 INCHES OF SNOW AT LOST LAKE! An inch of snow in Avery today- January 19th. They are still logging the bottom of Kelly Creek so we won’t be grooming Kelly until they are finished.
- December 30th 2015 – Fishhook (301) to Breezy Saddle, Roundtop past the cabin, Twin Creeks, 1268 back to Breezy, 1928 through lower Red Raven and Outlaw.This will open up most of the main trails for the holiday weekend. There was some extensive logging the last two summers so we have some great new play areas to explore.
- December 28th 2015 – Fishhook (301) from the river to the Sandhouse (9 1/2), 201 past Rutledge Warming Hut to Bluff Saddle, Bluff Creek to the river, river road from Bluff back to Avery. Great grooming snow!
- December 26th 2015 – First trip out with the groomer this season. Avery to Loop Creek on the North Fork. 28 trees had to be cut out in 9 miles This may be the winter we will all remember. Have fun!State Registrations and County Groomer stickers required. Both for sale at Scheffy’s General Store in Avery. 245-4410.